|
~Previous Posts~
~Credits~ |
Sunday, April 16, 2006 Cold, tired and full
Managed to finish my first IA tutorial just now and my brain is fried. Apparently there's some mistakes here and there in the "correct" answers. -_-" It's pretty cold and I wish I brought my blanket with me tonight.
Have been reading a lot about this Taiwanese guy called Li Ao. Apparently he had said something like"Singaporeans are stupid" and "Singaporeans' "seeds" are not good.". He said we're stupid because we're not politically active and we just follow insructions. Maybe he thinks that rioting or even fighting in parliment are acts of smartness. I won't be surpised if he had thought that way since the Taiwan political scenes have always been well.. pretty violent. As for our seeds.. ermz... he said that since our ancestors were all coolies, our cultural heritage is not good. So we're the so called "lower class citizens" as our ancestors were not very well educated. Well, if the future generation is always labelled as their ancestors, he seems to forget that he himself is then well.. a refugee. Apparently, Taiwanese were refugees of China? If I remember my history well enough. Isn't it seems like the Communist chased out the Kuo Ming Dang out of China to Taiwan? And what about Australia? You don't go around saying that all Australians are crooks. A lot of scholars in Singapore responded to his "well-said" speeches. Some even suggested that we should invite him over to "clarify" things. He also mentioned that he was hoping to be invited by local institutes or our Government. Well, is he trying to get a free trip over Singapore that's why this speech? *shrugs* Actually I don't really feel very offended by what he said. Just that i do not understand why some people can think that they're genius but still have to make controvesy talks to gain attention to themselves. Isn't it a bit sad? Election is coming! Mostly likely it'll be in May. I think I might be able to vote!!!! Yeah!!! My sacred vote! You already know who to vote for??? *grinz* I know!
link | posted by trom_piggy at 4:59 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |